Sunday 20 October 2013

Your Personal Recipe Book: Recipe 2: Gourmet Maggi!

Sometimes I have one of those evenings.
I'm home alone and I'm hungry with nothing to eat with only raw materials in the fridge.There are a few instant noodle packets that my mom bought for me to eat when I'm hungry but I don't want to eat the same thing again.
First world problems you might say. I face this a lot and this has led me a nirvana of sorts.
An instant noodles that tastes good. Is that even possible in the hands of mortals one might ask. Let's try to get a hands on experience with it.

What you'll need:


  • Maggi noodles (duh)
  • One or two Tomatoes
  • One Onion
  • A few Green Chillies(diced)
  • One small carrot
  • some green peas
  • Corn kernels
  • cauliflower 
  • Chop up a couple of mushrooms too(optional)
  • A few leaves of mint

Chop the onion, tomatoes and cauliflower into small bits. Dice a small carrot

 

 


In a pan add some butter.
when its hot, add some jeera and a few peppercorns.
Wait till they crackle.
Add the onions and the slit green chilli.
Next add the vegetables - tomatoes, carrot, peas, corn and mushroom.
When they are cooked a bit, add some salt (for the extra vegetables that we added) and a bit a crushed red chilli flakes.
Then toss in the mint leaves.
I also like to add half a teaspoon of sugar to get that rounded off taste. if you Like your dish to have  sharp taste you may choose to skip this step.

At this point, cut open the Maggi tastemaker and toss it in, stir a couple of times and add the water.
cover with a lid and bring the water to a boil.
Then add the Maggi noodles and stir.
cover the lid again and let it cook for 5 minutes.

Serve hot with a side of tomato ketchup


No comments:

Post a Comment